To prevent loss of data on Dell servers, firmware and Windows drivers for the RAID controllers must be updated as new versions are released.
- Use Dell Open Manage to determine which RAID controller you have.
- Collect your system Service tag. (CMD: WMIC csproduct)
- Go to support.dell.com and enter your service tag.
- Narrow the category down to SAS Raid. Download the PERC Raid controller Firmware and Windows driver for your OS.
- Verify all client data is backed up before proceeding.
- Run the firmware installer. Note: This will require a reboot.
- Run the Windows driver update. Note: This will require a 2nd reboot.
Dell stresses that keeping your iDRAC up to date is also important…