To set up a Polycom conference phone for Vonage:
- Under “Account,” add the address as an E911 location
- Purchase additional extensions and/or phone numbers if necessary
- Create a unique user name to be assigned to each extension (use email@example.com as the email)
- Under Extensions, select the extension you want to assign to the conference phone and go to “Devices.”
- Change provisioning model to Polycom, change E911 address as appropriate and enter MAC address in the field provided, then click “Save” at the top
- Factory reset the phone:
a. Menu, Settings, Advanced. The admin password is 456.
b. Select Reset to Defaults, then Reset to Factory and Yes when asked if you’re sure. The phone will restart itself once or twice.
- Make a test call- if successful, you are done. If not- move on to step 8.
- Navigate back to the Vonage web site and find the device under the appropriate extension. Click “Refresh” and copy the resulting phone configuration url to the clipboard.
- Obtain the phone’s IP address from the phone itself: Menu, Status, Network, TCP/IP Parameters
- In a web browser, type in http:// followed by the IP address
- Log in as admin with the password 456
- Under Settings, choose Provisioning Server. Entries are as follows:
- Click the plus sign next to Provisioning Server; Server type: https
- Server address: paste the link copied from the Vonage site in step 7
- Server user and password: leave blank
- Leave the rest of the top section as is
- Click the plus sign next to DHCP Menu; Boot Server: static
- Boot Server Option: 160
- Leave the rest of the bottom section as is
- Click “save.” The phone should reboot itself and be fully provisioned when it comes back up. The extension number will display with a phone icon that is fully black- if the phone icon is not filled in, something went wrong.